– Diploma of Public Law – Cairo university 1992.
– Diploma of Criminal Science – Cairo university 1991.
– Bachelor of Law – Law school – Cairo university 1988.
• Arab Lawyers Union.
• Egyptian Organization for Political Economic, Statistics and Legislation.
• Listed as an arbitrator in the Arbitration Center – Ain Shams University- Cairo.
• Listed as an arbitrator in the Arab Chamber of Arbitration aﬃliate to Arab Organization for Administrative
Development. – Arab League.
• Regional Arbitrator in the Arab States.
• Legal trainer of a diﬀerent legal ﬁelds to legal consultants, lawyers and adminstrators in Saudi Arabia at:
• Ministry of Finance
• Ministry of Health
• Ministry of Communications and information Technology
• Ministry of Interiors
• Ministry of Defense.
• Riyadh Bank
• Saudi Telecom (STC).
• Postal Service.
• Electricity Authority.
• General Authority of Grain And Silos.
• Ministy of Telecommunication and Information Technology.
* representing one of the most reputed Saudi investors in the field of real estate in an arbitration at the commercial chamber in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in a dispute amounts to one billion SR
* Representing Saudi investors in Arab Investment Court proceedings, governed by public law and the Arab Investment Convention, against the Arab Republic of Egypt.
* Representing the majority shareholder of one of the region’s largest textiles and weaving manufacturers in connection with multiple shareholder and labor disputes involving approximately 530 workers, including incidental winding up and dissolution proceedings.
* Representing the majority shareholder of an Egyptian electronic appliances manufacturer in winding up and dissolution proceedings as well as related labor disputes.
Representing some of Egypt’s and the UAE’s largest apparel manufacturers, distributors, and franchisees on various transactional, corporate, and disputes matters.
* Representing one of Saudi Arabia’s largest petroleum transportation services companies on various transactional, corporate, and disputes matter.
* Representing various mid-size companies in Egypt, UAE, and Saudi Arabia on corporate and commercial transactions, as well as compliance with regulatory standards.
* Representing various Egyptian clients in litigation before economic and commercial courts as well as in administrative, criminal, and family proceedings
Mr. Elmokadem concentrates his practice on international arbitration, public international law, sovereign risk mitigation, and cross-border commercial and ﬁnancial transactions.
Mr. Elmokadem’s dispute resolution experience includes representation of private sector as well as governmental clients in cases before ICSID, ICC, AAA/ICDR, CRCICA, GAFTA, LMAA, FOSFA, and United States Federal Courts in connections with matters involving North America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. His industry experiences include ﬁnance, energy, petroleum, defense, tourism, hospitality, real estate, construction, media, and manufacturing.
Mr. Elmokadem holds a Master of Laws (LLM) in Securities and Financial Regulations from Georgetown University Law Center, a Juris Doctorate (JD) with a Certiﬁcate of International and Comparative Law from Santa Clara University School of Law, and a Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) in International Relations from the University of San Diego. He is admitted to practice law in the State of California.
– Appointed arbitrator in a CRCICA arbitration concerning a major transaction in secondary ﬁnancial products
– Representing the Ministry of Defense and Aviation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia against an American contractor in federal litigation relating to a defense procurement and service contract
– Representing a group of Saudi and Egyptian investors in AAA/ICDR arbitration against an instrumentality of the Egyptian Government in relation to a breach of an exclusive agreement to broadcast the Egyptian state run television programming in the United States, Canada, and South America
– Representing an American investor in ICSID proceedings arising from bilateral investment treaty violations by the Egyptian government in relation to the foreign investor’s construction, maintenance, and operation of a seafront resort in Ain Sokhna
– Representing an American project sponsor in ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Turkey arising from Turkey’s violation of the United States-Turkey bilateral investment treaty with regards to the foreign investor’s construction and operation of a coal ﬁred power plant in Turkey
– Representing an Egyptian petroleum services contractor against a Canadian site operator in ICC arbitration in connection with a joint venture for the undertaking of oil ﬁeld services in Egypt and Algeria
– Representing various Egyptian commodity traders in shipping arbitrations before GAFTA, LMAA, and FOSFA
– Advising a foreign investor on his investment treaty arbitration options against the Government of Egypt in connection with an investment in a large North Coast property
– Advising a foreign based property development and industrial conglomerate on its ICSID arbitration and collateral foreign litigation options against the Government of Egypt in connection with unlawful practices by state owned banks and other instrumentalities of the Egyptian Government
– Advising the regional master franchisee of a major American brand on potential AAA/ICDR arbitration in New York in connection with various breaches of the master franchise agreement by the franchisor
– Advising a Hong Kong based apparel manufacturer on multijurisdictional actions to enforce a multimillion dollar Syrian court judgment against instrumentalities of the government of Iraq
– Representing a major Egyptian television network in the acquisition of an American IPTV broadcasting platform
– Representing a Silicon Valley start-up company in the ﬁnancing and development of a 120 MW thin ﬁlm photo voltaic solar panel manufacturing facility in Miskolc, Hungary, the largest of its kind worldwide
– Representing one of Egypt’s largest investment banks in various commercial and regulatory transactions
– Representing a British investor in the acquisition of an Egyptian ﬁnancial brokerage and asset management ﬁrm
– Representing an Egyptian company in negotiations with the United Stated Trade Development Agency for the ﬁnancing of a major ethanol production facility in Aswan, Egypt
– Representing a California start-up company in ﬁnancing, development, and programming acquisition for an IPTV based ethnic broadcasting platform
– Representing a California company in negotiating with a major direct broadcast satellite provider for the distribution of Cairo based Arabic language television programming throughout the United States
– Investment treaty based reorganization of a large Egyptian conglomerate so as to avail it of the protections of public international law
LLM, Securities & Financial Regulations,
Georgetown University Law Centre
JD, International & Comparative Law, Santa Clara University
BA, International Relations, University of San Diego
– English (Fluent)
– Arabic (Fluent)
– French (Proﬁcient)
– Spanish (Proﬁcient)
– International Bar Association
– American Bar Association
– ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
– LCIA Young International Arbitration Group